We request that before you start receiving services at CIL Jacksonville, you take a moment to read the agency's Code of Conduct below. Any violation by you of the Code of Conduct could result in your suspension or termination from CIL Jacksonville.
Note: CIL Jacksonville has the final say over what constitutes a violation of this Code of Conduct. CIL Jacksonville reserves the right to change the Code of Conduct at any time.
What is considered inappropriate behavior?
● Foul or offensive language or hate speech (including, by way of example, but not limited to, ethnic slurs and religious epithets) as determined by CIL Jacksonville staff.
● Harassment of other Consumers or CIL Jacksonville staff, including by way of example, but not limited to, threats, stalking or abuse of others.
● Use of sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or other offensive or inappropriate language, content, character names, titles, descriptions, or labels (including, by way of example, but not limited to, offensive or inappropriate fellowship names, pet names and inscriptions) profanity, slurs (including but not limited to racial, ethnic, and religious slurs), and illegal activities.
● Arguing with or neglecting to follow instructions of CIL Jacksonville staff and/or board.
● Impersonation of CIL Jacksonville (or its licensors’ or distributors’) personnel.
● Misusing and/ or abusing property of CIL Jacksonville, including, by way of example, but not limited to, inappropriate Internet use in the computer lab.
● Possession of any inappropriate items or related paraphernalia on CIL Jacksonville property or CIL Jacksonville related events (including but not limited to, weapons, alcohol, illegal drugs, etc.).
● Consumers are not permitted on CIL Jacksonville property or CIL Jacksonville related events while under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
Remedies for inappropriate behavior:
● A consumer who violates the Code of Conduct may be warned by CIL Jacksonville staff, but some particularly serious violations or repeated violations can result in other sanctions, such as a lockout or permanent ban, without warning.
● CIL Jacksonville reserves the right to revoke or terminate the service of anyone who advocates or encourages expressions of violence, bigotry, racism, hatred, or profanity. CIL Jacksonville does not tolerate racial, ethnic, sexual, or religious slurs.
● While we encourage consumers to report any abuse and violations of the Code of Conduct, please do so with care. Repeated false reports may result in the suspension or removal of the reporting consumer.
● Consumers who violate the Code of Conduct are subject to having their case file flagged to notify future CIL Jacksonville employers of past misconduct.