The Deaf Consumer Program assists individuals who are deaf, latent deaf and/or hard of hearing to maintain their rights to equal access and equal opportunity in employment, education, communication, recreation, community services and making choices in daily living activities.
The ILRC Deaf Consumer Program provides:
1. Staff that is fluent in American Sign Language and signed English for effective communication.
2. Self-Advocacy skills training including tools to assist consumers in educating businesses and health care providers about ADA laws.
3. Sorenson Video Relay and TTY available free of charge during normal office hours Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
4. Monthly recreational activities specifically developed to encourage fellowship within the deaf community and social interaction with other individuals in the disability community.
5. Information and Referral to other organizations that provide services to deaf and hard of hearing individuals.
Schedule an appointment by calling (904) 399-8484 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to working with you!