Work Incentive Planning and Assistance
WHAT IS WIPA?
Work Incentives Planning and Assistance (WIPA) is a cooperative agreement through Social Security Administration (SSA) with local agencies to provide work incentives information and planning services for individuals:
- Between the ages of 14 through full retirement age
- Working or interested in working
- A current Social Security Disability (SSDI or SSI) beneficiary
WHAT ARE WORK INCENTIVES?
Work incentives are special rules that make it possible for people with disabilities receiving Social Security or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) to work and still receive monthly payments and Medicare and Medicaid.
Our Community Work Incentives Coordinators (CWIC) meet with each beneficiary either by phone or in person and then research each client’s unique situation. We provide the best customized assessment of available work incentives. The Independent Living Resource Center can assist you in understanding how work and earnings can affect your benefits, so you can smoothly transition to work.
- Explain how work and earned income may affect your cash and medical benefits.
- Explain all aspects of available work incentives, some of which are automatic while others need to be initiated.
- Give information about the Ticket to Work Program, its benefits, and how to choose an Employment Network.
- Give information about the PASS Program (Plan to Achieve Self Support) and guide beneficiaries through the application process.
- Refer beneficiaries to various community resources as needed to address areas of concern outside the scope of the WIPA project.
All services are free of charge! There is never a cost for any of the services provided under the WIPA project.
WHO SHOULD I CONTACT?
Ticket to Work Helpline
For general questions about work incentives call the Ticket to Work Helpline at 1-886-833-2987 or TTY 1-866-833-2967 Monday- Friday 8:00AM-8:00PM.
Independent Living Resource Center
If you would like more specific information about work incentives, are currently receiving WIPA services or have been previously served by a WIPA project, our Certified Work Incentives Coordinators are here to help.
Contact us Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM.
COUNTIES WE SERVE:
Alachua, Baker, Bay, Bradford, Calhoun, Clay, Columbia, Dixie, Duval, Escambia, Flagler, Franklin, Gadsden, Gilchrist, Gulf, Hamilton, Holmes, Jackson, Jefferson, Lafayette, Leon, Levy, Liberty, Madison, Marion, Nassau, Okaloosa, Putnam, St. Johns, Santa Rosa, Suwanee, Taylor, Union, Volusia, Wakulla, Walton, Washington
Funding for the Work Incentives Planning and Assistance Program provided by the Social Security Administration.
Meet our Certified Work Incentives Coordinators
(904) 399-8484 ext. 318
(904) 399-8484 ext. 320
(904) 399-8484 ext. 323
(904) 399-8484 ext. 315