Here at The ILRC, we place a high value on education. That’s why we currently have three different scholarships available for students:
Jimmy Patrick Memorial Scholarship
Dean Pritchard Memorial Scholarship
Dr. John Trifiletti Memorial Scholarship
Each scholarship is worth $2,500. All applications must be received by June 15. Each scholarship requires that students:
- Write an essay of no fewer than 300 words and no more that 500 words in length. Students are encouraged to write about their experience with a disability, their educational goals, and career aspirations.
- Have a documented disability.
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA.
- Be in the process of enrolling or currently enrolled part time (6 hours) in a college, university, vocational or technical school.
- Provide high school or college transcripts.
- Be a Florida resident.
- Have at least one letter of recommendation.
The scholarships are awarded in honor of important members of our agency board of directors. Dean Pritchard was a member of our board, Jimmy Patrick was one of the founders of the agency and Dr. John Trifiletti was a board member and also served as the assistant director on staff.
If a student is chosen as a finalist, he/she must be available to interview with the ILRC of Northeast Florida’s Board of Directors on June 16th at 5:00 p.m.
Click any of the scholarships below to download an application: